Tuesday 30 July 2013

Sugar Crafted Gluten Free Lalaloopsy 6th Birthday Cake

Well, it's been a while since I had a moment to blog, but the kids are outside playing and I have a few spare minutes so here goes!
 
It was Evie's birthday on the 13th July and she asked for a Lalaloopsy cake - I had NO idea what she was talking about and had to google it! We brought her a Lala dolly, so I was able to use that as a guide for scale and shape. It was a challenge and I learnt more things along the way but I got there in the end! As I was so pushed for time, my lovely Mum made the actual cake and base iced it so it was a combined effort - and gluten free!

 
As you can see, the doll has strange dimensions, a very large head and
spindly legs (plus the button eyes!). Mum made two layers of vanilla sponge and
decorated it with pale pink icing.
 
 
I made large sugar paste letters, a number six and a variety of simple
flowers to decorate the cake edges.
 
 
Anyway, Evie loved it and that's what counts!
Happy birthday sweetheart xxx
 

Thanks for looking!
 
Jill x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment